Friday, July 20, 2012

Ugh...blood again

So, I just changed another diaper with blood in it.  Dang it.  It looks like we're going to have to at least do a food diary to figure out what is irritating little bit's lower intestine.  I'm hoping against hope it's not milk, but as I had a big ol' glass of milk last night before I went to bed...well, things are not looking good for the home team on that one.  We shall see.

In other news, the older kids have become "toy deaf."  That is, whenever they have a toy in their little hands (and apparently a piece of junk mail or a toilet paper tube count as "toys") they are completely incapable of hearing anything I say. Unless I use the "mean mommy" voice which generally means there are "consequences".  Consequences often involve toys going into the garage for a specified period of time, or privileges being revoked.  Or time out if the lack of listening is either dangerous or involves a total meltdown.  I don't do melt downs - that's a go-to-your-room-until-you're-done-wailing moment (aka timeout).  Thankfully it's not a constant occurrence.  The meltdowns that is.  The deafness is pretty much the norm.

No comments: