Tuesday, April 29, 2008

First full day at day care

Well, today was JJs first full day at daycare (we have him in our company's daycare 2 days a week) Since it's onsite, I have them call me when he's hungry so I can go down and nurse and have given them a frozen breast milk bottle in case I'm on a customer call/meeting/etc. as an emergency backup

He seemed to like the lady at the center just fine, but he absolutely *refused* to nap the whole time! He's on the sleep,eat, play repeat schedule, and I would feed him, then play with him a bit, hand him off to the caregiver, go back to work, and when I would check on him again, he would've slept for maybe 30 minutes or not at all. He took two 30 minute naps during the whole 8 hours. Everything I've read says that if he doesn't get enough sleep during the day, he'll have a hard time staying asleep at night. We're doomed.