Wednesday, December 5, 2007

3D ultrasound, hospital visit, bedrest

Yesterday: I woke up in the wee hours of the morning with some pretty unpleasant cramping. We had a 3D/4D scheduled for that day, so I figured I'd just ask them about it when we got there. So, after the ultrasound, they had me talk to the nurse who did an FFN (Fetal Fibronectin) test to determine if I was in preterm labor, then did a pelvic exam. She thought I was slightly dilated so she sent me to L&D. After a couple of hours of fetal/blood pressure/pulse monitoring and another pelvic exam, they decided to send me home. I took a nap for a couple of hours, got up, went to the bathroom, and when I wiped, there was bright red blood. Not a lot, but not a little either. So, called the doc back and she sends us back to L&D. They set up an IV with the rest of the monitoring gear and I get to spend the night (ugh).

Today: They can't figure out why I'm still cramping - baby is perfectly fine, and I'm not dilated at all, and the bleeding stopped. So they've given me some drugs to stop contractions (seem to be working) and sent me home.

The doc says I'm on bedrest for the next week. Then I get to go back and get reevaluated. whee! Hopefully everything will be aok and I will be off bedrest after that. Happily, everything is fine with the baby - they are just being careful so he doesn't try to put in an early appearance.

No comments: