Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Week 20: Baby doc

Week 20 and the baby doc visit went well. No pics this time, but got to hear the heart beat. Cool! Baby is moving around a lot more these days, kicking and knocking around inside. It's kinda strange to think I'm some kind of big incubator.
Apparently incubators need more gas than regular people - yesterday I had a little experience with hypoglycemia. I got home from work, a little hungry and told John I'd fix myself a sandwich just as he was leaving to go grocery/dinner shopping. Then I thought, well I'll just check my email....next thing I know, it's 2 hours later and I'm as loopy as if I'd taken Vicodin. John came in and asked what was wrong and I just wasn't sure. So he found out I'd forgotten to eat anything, fed me, and I got better. I told the doc about it and she said how I should keep snacks around the house. Problem is, there *were* snacks around the house (granola bars, cheese, etc.), I just didn't remember to eat them. So now I've got to keep an eye on it and make sure I eat every couple of hours. It sounds stupid to say I forgot to eat, but there you have it.

No comments: