Sunday, August 19, 2007

Week 15, Cruisin'

Starting into week 15, which means 2nd trimester. Hooray! Risk of miscarriage at this point is much lower, but, as previous experience tells me, not impossible.

We've started letting people know, which is good because I'm starting to "show" - God bless the bellaband! I still have nausea occasionally and am hungry a bit more often. And it's exceptionally hard to sleep at night - muscle aches, need to urinate, and difficulty in getting comfortable - but I find that if I work out, that gets better.

Currently I'm renting FitMamma as a workout DVD. Not bad, but fairly repetitive - if you didn't work out much before you got pregnant, it'd probably be a good starting point. Even then, I'd recommend it as a rental, but not a purchase - you'll get bored. I like the Perfect Pregnancy workout better - it's more interesting and more challenging (especially good if you were working out before pregnancy). I should have regained my breath/endurance enough by next week to start using it again. I don't want to push too hard, but I also don't want to be a couch root vegetable!

No comments: