Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Myomectomy: Recovery Update

We're 5 weeks out from the surgery now and I would consider myself to be fully recovered. I've got a lovely scar that stretches from hip to hip (I plan on telling people I was attacked by an alligator and nearly disemboweled, but managed to fight him off with only a nail file and some kitchen twine). I've been able to workout without pain (30 minutes on an elliptical, 20 minutes gentle yoga stretching, including cobra pose) and I can work a full day without falling over exhausted. All good things! I've lost 6 lbs (only 1 was from the fibroid) and I'm starting to feel like myself again (as opposed to a deranged teenager). My face still breaks out but it's getting better.Next week, I get to go in for an HSG. This is an interestingly uncomfortable procedure that lets the docs take a good close look at your parts - specifically, your uterus and fallopian tubes. They want to make sure I'm "all clear" before I try to get pregnant again. Ought to be interesting!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hiyaa,i am 4 weeks into my recovery from a huge 28 weeks uterine fibroid and i am back to myself feeling absoultely wonderful it is all thanks to my surgeon her skill and experience.I recommend this surgery only by an expert doctor.All the best to any one who is going to undergo myomectomy.Eat right and drink plenty of fluids and resume normal activities without straining.Speedy recovery!!!

Unknown said...

Great to hear you're doing so well! Congratulations!